Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentines Day Vintage Candy Boxes

Hello everyone! When I think of Valentines Day, I think of love, pretty pinks & reds and of course chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate and of course the adorable, versatile candy drawer / box die from Eileen Hull.

Some of my most favorite projects were made from this die, so when I received this, I thought I would just use it as it's namesake, for candy. 

These little cuties will not only make great Valentines treats by themselves, but fill them with chocolates and candies and you've got the sweetest Valentines Day gift around and your recipient will surely love it. I hope you enjoy!


These were so much fun to make! I love little gift boxes and I simply adore this die. So let me show you how I made these. 


Additional supplies that I used: Pattern paper from Authentique & Tim Holtz Seasonal, Drawer pulls from Tim Holtz, Seasonal stickers from Tim Holtz, die cuts from Authentique, Vintage photo distressing ink from Ranger, 1/4" hole punch, black pen, silver tinsel from Melissa Frances, scrap piece of black ribbon, silver german glass glitter, red line tape, power bond adhesive from Tombow, hot glue and spray adhesive.

Okay lets get started:

die cutting
From pattern paper, die cut pieces from the Candy Drawer die, then die cut mat board, (I used a premium crease pad for this so I would get my crease lines).


Using a good permanent adhesive, adhere the pattern paper to the mat board, then use red-line tape or hot glue to secure the ends of the mat board together.


Once your boxes are assembled, use distressing ink to ink the outer edges, (I chose not to ink the insides of the box because I will be putting chocolate into them).


For the drawer pulls, I simply cut a strip of contrasting pattern paper, adhered it to the the front of the box, then when I positioned my drawer pull to where I wanted it, I "dotted" the inside with a pen, then punched a 1/4" hole and secured to the drawer pull with brads.


Then embellish your boxes with ribbon and die cuts and for the top box I simply die cutted a rosette from pattern paper and assembled it, adhered some tinsel underneath the rosette and adhered it to the box using hot glue. For the "14" on top of the rosette, after die cutting the number, spray it lightly with adhesive, sprinkle on some silver glass glitter and adhere the numbers to the rosette using hot glue.


Then fill your boxes with a variety of chocolates and your ready to give the ultimate Valentines Day gift. I hope you enjoyed my project and I hope I've inspired you to create your own candy boxes.


Thank you so much for stopping by!


die cutting supplies


Are you ready for more ideas for die cutting projects featuring Valentine Treats?  If so, head over to Sizzix.com to see our Valentine Treats project gallery!
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Hilary- these boxes are delish! Love all the great papers and accessories you used, especially the drawer pulls and rosettes. Such pretty colors too! Thanks for using the Candy Drawer ScoreBoard die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo Cute!!! I'm going to have to look into getting that die....so Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!! LOVING the die and the CUTE Boxes!! I can see using these for SO MANY things!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely the cutest things I've ever seen, Hilary!! I assume you are making them for the whole DT. ;-)

    BTW, your photography is beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Shelly! In fact, if I had everyone's address you know you'd all be getting one! ;)

      Delete
    2. You are so sweet Shelly! In fact, if I had everyone's address you know you'd all be getting one! ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow this is cute! I love this die....why haven't I seen it before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Candy Drawer Die has been on my wish list for some time now...I need to hurry up and get one! Love your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....
    I'm feeling "need" begin to take over "want" here ...
    Love this!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely wonderful and you set the perfect stage for them - so inviting !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful boxes! I just ordered the candy drawer die from Hobby Lobby on line using a 40% off coupon with $2.95 shipping promo! I can't wait to make these little treasures!! Vina

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Great job with these. So many possibilities. Thanks for the steps.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...